Monday, January 13, 2014

Sanding, final flooring, etc

A much calmer day today, thank goodness. I finally finished painting the closet shelf trim and door frames upstairs (2 coats primer, 2 coats paint on each). N sanded the vanities, both the "installed" parts still upstairs and the doors and drawers that are now taking up residence in the basement.
I'll clean them tomorrow, and then they will be ready for priming. (The vanities will be painted the same color as our trim.) I think it's time I pick up those knobs and pulls I've had my eye on!

I also thoroughly vacuumed the upstairs, staircase, and foyer today. They had taken quite the beating during all of N's demolition work and carrying trash can loads down the stairs and out the front door. It's amazing what a little cleaning can do to calm the nerves during a big project. Also, every time I switch off the vacuum, Addy always says "All done, mama" which makes me laugh. :) 

Had another quick meeting with the decorator and made our "okay this is final final" decision this afternoon on most of the tile and carpet and countertop. I had made a change to the floor tile and selected a carpet on my own and wanted to confirm her thoughts on them. Here they are...ceramic beveled white oversized subway tile for the showers, big porcelain 12x24 tile for floor, and silestone quartz in a greige for countertops. Both baths will be the same.
(Colors look quite a bit darker than they are in person, should have taken these pics in the daylight! For perspective, the subway tile is shiny white in real life, not cream like it appears here.) I accomplished what I wanted, I think, which was an updated look with light grey/tan colors that also looked classic and not too modern. We'll see! Oh, and we plan to do a couple corner shelves in each shower with extra floor tile.

Here's the carpet with the hallway (greige), girls' rooms (light golden tan), guest room (light grey blue), and trim paint swatches:
Again, it's much more cream/white based in person. Ugh cell phone photos. Only flooring I haven't yet figured out is the stair carpet. The carpet shown above will be in all three bedrooms and the hallway. We're going to install a "designer" carpet on the stairs, one of those with a low pile and a pattern of some sort. Update on that soon, I hope. Ordering all the other flooring tomorrow!

The new door hardware arrived today. Love 'em! Again, bad light, they are ORB not brown.
I am off to clean some of the vanity pieces before bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment