Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Libraries and fans and blank slates

In all of the moving and remodeling busy-ness, A and I have failed to check out our new local libraries at all. We fixed that yesterday with a visit to the main Johnson county branch. I actually was kind if disappointed in it. Maybe I've been spoiled by the huge and beautiful new Plaza branch of KCMO we used to frequent, along with the historical downtown branch where I volunteered. 

The children's department was messy and incredibly blah. A was impressed with the train table, however. Couldn't tear her away from it.
Five seconds after this photo, a little boy ran up, grabbed the train out of her hands, and ran away with it. She just stood there and stared at him. Ha. Punkin's gotta toughen up to other kids taking her toys! Something tells me she will be learning to defend herself here very soon. :)

Now on the to do list: checking out he other branches of this library chain. This main location was in the downtown area of Overland Park, and actually not where the majority of their kiddo programs and storytimes are usually located, so hopefully the more suburban locations are better.

On the remodeling front, our flooring and countertops are officially on order, and the bathrooms are fresh clean slates, awaiting their new wardrobes.
Did a bunch of wall-patch sanding last night, inching closer to wall priming and painting. Also started priming the vanity doors and drawers. I think they're going to spruce up pretty well.

Fans arrived this morning.
Faucets will be ordered tonight. Man, remodeling two baths at once is a lot. We need three sink faucet sets and two full tub and shower sets! Not to mention towel bars and hooks and such. Sheesh! Oh, and did we mention that our kitchen sink faucet is dead and probably needs to be ordered too? Throw it on. Why not.

Still haven't made progress on picking out toilets or vanity light fixtures or stair carpet. I feel like I'm designing an entirely new house sometimes. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment