Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2-28-14

A few photos from EJ's birth day:

The last pics of our big girl and me before she became a big sister and me a mommy of two, snapped right before we walked out the door to the hospital. (A wasn't too pleased about the photo session!)
Bump shot. The finale.
Hospital selfie. Can't remember when this was taken, but it must have been early in the day. :)
The photo N insisted on taking late afternoon, me oxy-ing it up in order to help EJ get through the contractions she was struggling with near the end.
Our first meet and greet.
Awake and alert after her first bath.
Paparazzi.
What the hospital gifted me mere minutes after she arrived.
Best.Gift.Ever. I *might* have squealed when they brought it in. I mean, who wouldn't go crazy for a fancy cupcake immediately after pushing out a baby? No one, that's who.

EJ had her doc appointment today, everything looks great. Still a teeny punkin - 5lbs 8oz - down from 6,3 at birth and 5,12 at discharge. She should start turning and moving the scale in the opposite direction from now on, as she's eating more and almost past the day four/five turning point. No jaundice issues or other concerns.

Two healthy little ladies. We're the luckiest parents ever! Xoxoxo.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Such a momentous occasion. We'll all remember these times for the rest of our lives, just as Dad and I clearly remember the births of our daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look pretty... this pregnancy really agreed with you! can't WAIT to meet Ellabell!

    ReplyDelete