Friday, May 18, 2012

Addy Lane!

Welcome to Miss Addy's new blog. :) We hope to use this site to chronicle the events - silly, serious, and everywhere in between - in Addy's life, and share them with close friends and family.

Today, May 18th, Addy is 11 days old. Big events in her day included a trip to Hy-Vee, a swing through Starbucks, and a visit from my friend Vanessa. This was the first day that I was home 100% by myself with the little lady, and with the exception of having horrible (or wonderful, I suppose) timing with taking off her diaper to change it the moment she decides to pee/poop next, it was a great day. I miss all of the visitors, but a quiet house was nice. Time to settle in, get into a routine, and start figuring out how to incorporate work amongst my new role of Mommy.

The past day or two her eye contact has really changed. Whereas a week ago her eyes darted every which way, they now focus intently on objects, especially faces. I didn't realize how kind of 'hazy' they looked until they seem so clear and alert now. She's started staring into the eyes of whomever is feeding her, which Mama loves. :)

Dr's appt tomorrow morning, her first since a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment